These are just pre-cautionary guidelines for you and your family in preparation for your surgery at Memorial Houston Surgical Center. Instructions specific to your surgery will be given to you by your surgeon.
- Do not drive, sign important paper work, or make critical decisions for at least 24 hours
- Do not operate heavy machinery, power tools, etc. for 24 hours after surgery
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours after surgery
- One of our staff members will contact you after surgery to check in about your condition
- Your surgeon will provide you with post-operative instructions about diet, rest and medication. If you encounter any complications, please contact your surgeon directly. If it is an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room