These are just pre-cautionary guidelines for you and your family in preparation for your surgery at Memorial Houston Surgical Center. Instructions specific to your surgery will be given to you by your surgeon.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the evening before surgery unless otherwise directed
- Do not take any medication on the morning of surgery unless instructed to do
- Medications and anesthesia may be harmful to a fetus, especially in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. If there is a possibility of pregnancy, please inform your surgeon prior to surgery
- Please tell your surgeon of any changes in health or if you’ve been exposed to any infectious diseases
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 prior to surgery
- One of our staff members will contact you for a medical history and let you know what time to arrive. Please bring your photo ID.